Friday, January 6, 2017

Pre-Trail Magic- A Chance Meeting at a Bar

I met an AT thru-hiker the other night.
 
She came in by herself and sat down at the bar in seat 12 just to the left of the beer taps. She had two Lagunitas IPAs and a cup of clam chowder. She spent some time conversing with the older gentleman at seat 10, and it was while I stood at the lounge side well pouring a Ruby Red Cosmo that I overheard her say something to the effect of “I first got into backpacking a few years ago when I decided to climb all the 4,000 footers in the White Mountains.”
 
As a granite state hiker with an eye towards summiting all of them myself (so far I’ve done 27) my ears naturally perked right up. ...

The post Pre-Trail Magic- A Chance Meeting at a Bar appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek http://ift.tt/2jdMJSF

No comments:

Post a Comment