Friday, January 27, 2017

How to Answer the “Bear Question” or: Planning for the (Eventually) Inevitable

In the months leading up to my 2016 AT thru-hike, the number one question asked by friends and family was simple and straight-forward – “But what about bears?” Bears weren’t even on my mind when I began planning my AT thru-hike attempt. I was more concerned about storage units (I’m living in Seattle having moved from Atlanta), gear (what’s up REI flagship!), cell phone coverage (what’s up Verizon!) and working a 60-plus hour work-week (what’s up savings accounts!) to be concerned with something as trivial as bears. ...

The post How to Answer the “Bear Question” or: Planning for the (Eventually) Inevitable appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek http://ift.tt/2kzQlie

No comments:

Post a Comment