Sunday, March 5, 2017

Why I’m Hiking, or, My Name is Pup and I’m a Tree Addict…

So, following the example of my fellow 2017 AT thru-hikers, I thought I’d set out what led me here, to this place where I’ve given up my job and my flat, and bought a one-way ticket to a foreign country to spend 6 months hiking and living out of a tent.  What larks!
Why The Appalachian Trail?
I’ve longed for a big adventure for as long as I can recall.  As a child I was much given to running around barefoot to toughen up my feet so that I’d be fully prepared to run away with any passing travelling circus or Romany caravan that might be persuaded to take me.   ...

The post Why I’m Hiking, or, My Name is Pup and I’m a Tree Addict… appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek http://ift.tt/2lL7p58

No comments:

Post a Comment