Friday, March 24, 2017

Shake it Off: My 2017 AT Shakedown and Breakdown

I’m completely prepared. Everything is settled, gear purchased and field tested. Best physical condition of my life. Mentally focused. I’ve trained like a gladiator. Never been more ready for anything in my life.
Narrator: But Amber was most definitely not ready.
Okay. Maybe I overstated. A little. Apparently, moving the entire contents of my house to one storage space, finding fosters for two cats, visiting every outfitter in a 300-mile radius to finalize gear, and scheduling a shakedown hike all while caring for my boyfriend who got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick bite, ...

The post Shake it Off: My 2017 AT Shakedown and Breakdown appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek http://ift.tt/2n2brrf

No comments:

Post a Comment