Saturday, April 14, 2018

Being Where I Am – Wherever That May Be

Asheville was so excellent. Being in Chili Dog’s (Paul’s) house was more relaxing than I expected it to be. There’s something so calming about being in a home environment (complete with pets) that is so much more restful than a loud, vaguely dirty hostel. We ate our way around town and even though we all professed to wanting vegetables, we ate nothing of the sort. Chili Dog even cooked two fantastic meals for us, which was a treat, as he is a trained chef! I left Asheville on Monday feeling like I wish I could have stayed longer and seen more. And I was anxious about what the next three days of hiking to Hot Springs would bring for my foot. I’ve always loved leaving a place with the desire to return and experience more, and I’d get to come back to Asheville sooner than I’d like.

The post Being Where I Am – Wherever That May Be appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek https://ift.tt/2GX0eGB

No comments:

Post a Comment