Friday, April 20, 2018

Perseverance and Community Overcome Trail Adversity

Hot Springs NC to Damascus VA
4/8-4/19, Days 26-37
Somehow it’s already day 37 of this journey and twelve days have past since I’ve posted. The long interval is mostly due to a combination of adverse weather, long days, and limited cellular reception.  Given the number of days instead of a daily account of our hike I’ll offer this summary:

Hiked 195.4 miles/469.9 total
Averaged 16.3 miles per day this segment
Passed the 300 and 400 mile marks
Marked the passage of one month
Completed North Carolina
Completed Tennessee

Trail Highlights

 
 
 
Trail Observations and Thoughts
Transformation in Progress
While my typical daily activities may not have changed much since Springer I’ve noted a very real transformation in my thoughts and mindset.   ...

The post Perseverance and Community Overcome Trail Adversity appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek https://ift.tt/2HLKCTi

No comments:

Post a Comment