Monday, January 22, 2018

2017 Shake Down Hikes – Part 1 The Beaten Path

In anticipation of my 2018 hike of the Appalachian Trail, I went on two spectacular backpacking trips in July and September, 2017.  The first in mid-July was on “The Beaten Path” in my adopted home state of Montana. The Beaten Path is a gorgeous 28.6 mile trek up and over the 10,000’ Beartooth Plateau from Cooke City near the northeast entrance of Yellowstone National Park to Alpine, Montana or what locals call the East Rosebud.  This was my third adventure on the Beaten Path and I was joined this time by my two college aged great nieces (they are indeed great but they are also my niece’s daughters) from Texas.   ...

The post 2017 Shake Down Hikes – Part 1 The Beaten Path appeared first on The Trek.



from The Trek http://ift.tt/2DADSc0

No comments:

Post a Comment